Archive | community

RSS feed for this section
Central America’s hidden & stunning Caribbean Coast Pt.3 Post pic

Central America’s hidden & stunning Caribbean Coast Pt.3 Bay Islands Honduras.

Just off Honduras’s north coast on the Caribbean Sea and clearly visible from the mountainous mainland there are a group of the three large islands, Utila, Roatan, and Guanaja, and the smaller islands, or island groups, St. Helena, Barbareta, Morat, and, closest to the mainland, the two Hog Islands (Cayos Cochinos). Divers flock to backpacker […]

Weekend Cabin Series #6

A Cabin For My Weekend! #6

Steep Ravine Mt. Tamalpais, Mill Valley, California. One of the secrets of California state parks are the nine Steep Ravine cabins on Mt. Tamalpais just north of San Francisco. Mt. Tam, of course, is one of the birthplaces of mountain biking. It shelters 6,300 acres of redwoods, oaks, and meadows, with views to the Farallon […]

Weekend Cabin Series #4

A Cabin For My Weekend! #4

Gulf Islands, British Columbia. The modern cabin is all too frequently more modern than cabin, but the four small dwellings designed by Osburn Clarke in the Gulf Islands of British Columbia are decidedly grounded in the traditional. Yet they still retain the open and airy nature of the contemporary. They take advantage of coastal B.C.’s […]

Poland's Woodstock Festival the craziest of them all Post pic

Woodstock Festival Kostrzyn-upon-Odra River, Poland

The small Polish border town of Kostrzyn-nad-Odra its home to the Woodstock Station rock festival. held along a forest road towards a military base on its outskirts, the throbbing roar of guitars beyond the forest can be heard, believing I was in for a night of testosterone-induced aggression. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The […]

Weekend Cabin 2

A Cabin For My Weekend! #2

Meridian, Idaho. When architect Macy Miller got out of college, she realized that all her schooling had taught her nothing about actually constructing a house. And then, after living in 2,500-square-foot house, where she had bedrooms that were never used, whose doors were never opened, she decided to downsize — and to build herself. The […]

Weekend Cabin 1 Post #12

A Cabin For My Weekend! #1

Hood Canal, Washington The waters near this re-designed boathouse stay chilly even at the height of mid-summer, making it a haven for oystering. It’s this temperature that keeps the waters clear, but the cold also makes winter storage space important. Near the water on the shores of the Hood Canal, Seattle-based architects Bosworth Hoedemaker have […]

Gratifying graffiti in Paris

I’ve seen two of these graffiti murals in Paris once, one of them is no longer there. Some were amazing work of art in their own sense even if art collectors don’t think they have any value. To me they have amazing social value and impressive message. This one includes an awesome mix of nature […]